Re: CURIE section in syntax spec

Hi Thomas,

CURIEs are an important part of RDFa, and the 'decoupling' that we're
talking about is purely in relation to the progression of
specifications through the W3C process. Since both the CURIEs and RDFa
documents are at roughly the same stage, having one refer to the other
is difficult.

So to be clear, the decision to 'decouple' was not because there are
any problems with the CURIEs specification per se, but simply that it
would be impossible to get CURIEs sufficiently far enough ahead of
RDFa in the W3C process, that the latter could refer to CURIEs 'by
reference'. Having a new draft of CURIEs was always planned, but
doesn't change the situation, since it still remains insufficiently
advanced through the process.

It is fully the intention to ensure that there is complete consistency
between the two documents, and future versions of RDFa will be able to
refer to the CURIEs specification 'by reference', rather than by
cutting and pasting the prose.