Re: Display values for RDFa object URLs

Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> Not tested, but what's about:

>    <a rel="hmedia:uri" about="#song_sample"
>       href="http://www.bitmunk.com/sample/6011101"
>       property="dc:title" content="Listen to a Sample">
>    </a>
>
> Ok, it does not visually render in the browser,
> but I does address your issue, right?

Yes, I think that addresses part of the issue. We're concerned about
visually rendering that in the browser as well... what we would like is
the following:

- Something that doesn't require the use of an extra RDFa class
- Simpler, more straight-forward markup when specifying URL display
  characteristics
- Visible data
- In general, better usability

something like this:

      rel="hmedia:sample" about="#HREF" property="dc:title">
      A Sample
   </a>

or in other words, we'd like the following (N3):

<#song> rdf:type hmedia:Audio;
        hmedia:sample <http://www.bitmunk.com/sample/6011101> .
<http://www.bitmunk.com/sample/6011101> dc:title "A Sample" .

Niklas, apologies, as it seems that I didn't state the problem very well
the first time around :) - we'd like something a bit more terse than
what you proposed (even though it did solve the problem I had previously
stated).

Apologies if this makes no sense, as I'm still coming up to speed with
what is/isn't possible via chaining in RDFa. Can we get the above N3
without having to use a hmedia:Sample class?

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO, Digital Bazaar, Inc.