W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > April 2007

Minutes RDFa Task Force 2007-04-23

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:09:34 +0200
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Cc: "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.tq8pl8r2smjzpq@acer3010.lan>

In technicolour:

	http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes

Two new action items:

    [NEW] ACTION: Ben to schedule new telecon time starting May 7
    [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]

    [NEW] ACTION: Mark to write up a consistent story on the @SRC
    attribute [recorded in  
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]

In plain old black and white:

                                    - DRAFT -
                       RDFa Weekly Teleconference 23 Apr 2007

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Apr/0135

    [3]Previous minutes

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes

    See also: [4]IRC log

       [4] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Ben_Adida, Steven, wing, mhausenblas, ShaneM, Simone,
           Mark_Birbeck, FabienG, EliasT

    Regrets
           Ralph

    Chair
           Ben

    Scribe
           Steven

Contents

      * [5]Topics
          1. [6]Actions
          2. [7]Test cases
          3. [8]Actions (slight return)
          4. [9]src attribute
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Actions

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to ask W3C about XML-DTD validation
    [recorded in
    [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]
    [ONGOING]

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19

    Ben: My action is "why doesn't W3C Validator accept xmlns?"

    <mhausenblas>
    [12]  
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/0001.xhtml

      [12]  
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/0001.xhtml

    mh: The test case above validates at W3C

    Ben: I think using internal subsets like this will scare people away

    mh: It is just to get it to validate

    Ben: I am very worried doing it this way

    Mark: Let's table this for another week
    ... I chatted with Shane, who had chatted with Steven, and I think
    there is a solution emerging
    ... let's put it properly on the agenda

    Ben: I'll put it on the agenda in 2 weeks when I am back from my
    move

    Steven: I saw that this had been added as a bug on the validator bug
    system ([13]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4475)

      [13] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4475

Test cases

    mh: Look at [14]the test suite, you'll see the partitioning has been
    done
    ... there is a question of the correct format for XHTML 1.1
    ... extension, namespaces etc.
    ... we need to decide that

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/

    Ben: Once you have an answer, it will be straight-forward to go with
    it

    mh: Yes

    Ben: I must check the bookmarklet on the latest test cases
    ... next week
    ... you got feedback from Fabien?

    mh: Yes

    Ben: Can you proceed?

    mh: We can do the core set

    Steven: W3C urls are supposed to be opaque, so there is no meaning
    to "file extension" in that context - it is the media type that is
    importnant. The file extension and the media type are orthogonal
    issues. If we use .html as the file extension in the filestore, and
    override the W3C default media type using .htaccess, it will work in
    IE.

    Ben: PROPOSE: that we prepare the XHTML1.1 TCs by ignoring the xmlns
    validation issues for now

    <mhausenblas> +1

    Simone: Other markup languages have similar problems to us
    ... the validator will fix it
    ... I think this is a correct approach

    Ben: Any opposition or abstention?

    <Simone> +1

    [none]

    RESOLUTION: that we prepare the XHTML1.1 TCs by ignoring the xmlns
    validation issues for now

    PROPOSAL: use the suffix .html on the files and serve as
    application/xhtml+xml

    Ben: Is this the right thing to do?

    <ShaneM> There is no W3C blessed file suffix.

    <mhausenblas> [15]test input without suffix

      [15]  
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/0001

    <Steven> That is being served as text/plain

    Shane: using a suffix of .html is fine as I am concerned

    Mark: Why isn't content negotiation the right thing?

    Steven: Because this solution is better - it is being served to IE
    as application/xhtml+xml, and working

    Ben: Let's treat this as a separate agenda item
    ... and discuss on the mailing list
    ... I have to leave in 8 mins
    ... most actions are mine

Actions (slight return)

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to discuss Primer and Use Cases as Note,
    Syntax and Test Cases as REC, at SWD WG meeting [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14

    Ben: Ralph thinks that the primer needs to be rec track

    <scribe> -- Done

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to discuss RDFa Overview as a note
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15] [DONE]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to email list about next week's vote on a
    resolution regarding CLASS and ROLE attributes and rdf:type.
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18] [DONE]

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to email the resolution on mime type to
    the mailing list [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20] [DONE]

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to flesh out the schedule and present for
    everyone's approval next week. [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
    [CONTINUES]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to hand over rdfa syntax baton to Steven
    on 4/23 [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16] [DONE]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16

    <scribe> ACTION: [NEW] MichaelH to do partitioning of TCs, freeze
    the XHTML1.1+RDFa, and invite implementors to comment. [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
    [CONTINUES]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that
    are not supported by RDFa [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01]
    [CONTINUES]

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01

    <EliasT> :-)

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben to look into Science Commons use case
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
    [CONTINUES]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben to take a look at
    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006J
    un/0001.html to see if issue has been resolved [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
    [CONTINUES]

      [25]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0001.html
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Elias to send email to list with use case
    from IBM [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
    [CONTINUES]

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Mark produce more examples of
    applicability of n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
    [CONTINUES]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] MarkB to work rdf:label back into RDFa
    syntax when using @content [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25]
    [CONTINUES]

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc
    with all mime type, etc. [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01]
    [CONTINUES]

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01

    <scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Wing add a property to the test case
    schema for tracking origin and approval of an individual test
    [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

    <scribe> -- Continues

src attribute

    Ben: Shane, what is your opinion?
    ... or are you looking for advice?

    Shane: Well, looking for group opinion

    Ben: One approach is to treat it like href

    Mark: The element name already gives some clue
    ... so it is different from href
    ... I have another proposal that I haven't yet written up about
    @class being a predicate

    Ben: The element type doesn't really work for me

    Mark: The predicate may end up in the wrong place
    ... (working this out on the fly)
    ... if you want foaf:depiction

    <EliasT> example please?

    Ben: I can see how you would use @class for a type on the image, and
    rel for the relationship with the document
    ... Can you write this up this week?

    Mark: Yes

    <benadida> ACTION: Mark to write up a consistent story on the @SRC
    attribute [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action17

    Steven: XHTML2 has src and href on the same element in some cases
    ... so we have to watch out

    Mark: Still we want to be able to use the src as a source of a URI

    Ben: I have to go
    ... you can discuss src and role if you want

    <benadida> ACTION: Ben to schedule new telecon time starting May 7
    [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action18

    Ben: and will schedule a new teleconference time

    Steven: I propose we do the rest of the discussion on email, so you
    Ben can be involved

    Ben: OK, in that case, adjourn

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss Primer and Use Cases as Note, Syntax
    and Test Cases as REC, at SWD WG meeting [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ben to schedule new telecon time starting May 7
    [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]
    [NEW] ACTION: Mark to write up a consistent story on the @SRC
    attribute [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action18
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action17

    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are not
    supported by RDFa [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to ask W3C about XML-DTD validation [recorded
    in [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to flesh out the schedule and present for
    everyone's approval next week. [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case
    [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to take a look at
    [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006J
    un/0001.html to see if issue has been resolved [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM
    [recorded in
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of
    n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
    [PENDING] ACTION: MarkB to work rdf:label back into RDFa syntax when
    using @content [recorded in
    [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25]
    [PENDING] ACTION: MichaelH to do partitioning of TCs, freeze the
    XHTML1.1+RDFa, and invite implementors to comment. [recorded in
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all
    mime type, etc. [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Wing add a property to the test case schema for
    tracking origin and approval of an individual test [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]

      [37] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04
      [41]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0001.html
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

    [DONE] ACTION: Ben to discuss RDFa Overview as a note [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
    [DONE] ACTION: Ben to email list about next week's vote on a
    resolution regarding CLASS and ROLE attributes and rdf:type.
    [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]
    [DONE] ACTION: Ben to email the resolution on mime type to the
    mailing list [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
    [DONE] ACTION: Ben to hand over rdfa syntax baton to Steven on 4/23
    [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]

      [49] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________
Received on Monday, 23 April 2007 14:10:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:15:04 GMT