Re: Getting IE to accept application/xhtml+xml

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:34:19 +0200, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
wrote:
> Although imaginative, this is a really terrible hack! :) Surely the
> simple way to do this is to use content negotiation?

So what would happen? It would be sent, probably untransformed, to the
same user agent using a different media type. What's the point? As it is
now the document is being sent with the right media type to a user agent
that is accepting it, and presenting it to the end user in the way
intended. At the sending end all is well. The user sees what you want to
be seen, so at the receiving end all is well. If the user agent eventually
gets its act together, it will continue to work. If you send it to a
correctly working UA it will work as required. I don't think anything is
broken here (just slightly bent).

> I don't think we should be encouraging this sort of thing. :)

We shouldn't encourage it, just point out it works.

Steven