W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > April 2007

[RDFa] Meeting record: 2007-04-16 RDF-in-XHTML telecon

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:55:05 +0200
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D298520108DE4D@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: "RDFa" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>


All,

The record of yesterday's RDF in XHTML telecon is available [1].
A full text snapshot follows below.

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes


Topics 
 1. Action Items 
 2. Test Cases 
 3. Schedule 
 4. SRC attribute discussion 
 5. MIME type for XHTML1.1+RDFa and resulting IE issues 

Summary of Action Items 

[NEW] ACTION: Ben to ask W3C about XML-DTD validation [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss Primer and Use Cases as Note, Syntax and
Test Cases as REC, at SWD WG meeting [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss RDFa Overview as a note [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to email list about next week's vote on a resolution
regarding CLASS and ROLE attributes and rdf:type. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to email the resolution on mime type to the mailing
list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to flesh out the schedule and present for everyone's
approval next week. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to hand over rdfa syntax baton to Steven on 4/23
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: MichaelH to do partitioning of TCs, freeze the
XHTML1.1+RDFa, and invite implementors to comment. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are not
supported by RDFa [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to take a look at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0001.
html to see if issue has been resolved [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
[PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of n-ary
relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: MarkB to work rdf:label back into RDFa syntax when
using @content [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25]
[PENDING] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all mime
type, etc. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Wing add a property to the test case schema for
tracking origin and approval of an individual test [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
 
[DROPPED] ACTION: Elias to look for cases where plain literal is more of
a common use. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action24]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Ben to add issue to issues list and start discussion with
previous reference and issue reference [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[DONE] ACTION: Ben to update issues list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
[DONE] ACTION: Michael to update Fabian's XSLT [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

________________________________________________________________________

                       W3C RDF-in-XHTML TF

 16 Apr 2007

 Agenda [1]

 See also: IRC log [2], previous 2007-04-11 [3]

 [1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Apr/0064.
html
 [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-irc
 [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html
 
 Attendees
 
  Present 
   Tom Baker, Fabien Gandon, Shane McCarron, Ben Adida, Simone Onofri,
Steven Pemberton, Michael Hausenblas 
  Regrets 
   Mark Birbeck, Ralph Swick, Wing Yung 

  Chair 
   Ben 
  Scribe 
   Steven, Michael 

 Contents
  
  Topics 
   1. Action Items 
   2. Test Cases 
   3. Schedule 
   4. SRC attribute discussion 
   5. MIME type for XHTML1.1+RDFa and resulting IE issues 
  Summary of Action Items 


<Steven> hi mark

<Simone> Zakim ??P0 is me

<scribe> ScribeNick: mhausenblas

Ben: Any additions to the agenda?

No

1. Action Items
<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to update issues list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Michael to update Fabian's XSLT [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]

Fabien has actually done the work !

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are
not supported by RDFa [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben to add issue to issues list and start
discussion with previous reference and issue reference [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben to look into Science Commons use case
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
[CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben to take a look at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0001.
html to see if issue has been resolved [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Elias to look for cases where plain literal
is more of a common use. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action24] [DROPPED]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Elias to send email to list with use case
from IBM [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Mark produce more examples of applicability
of n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] MarkB to work rdf:label back into RDFa syntax
when using @content [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with
all mime type, etc. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Wing add a property to the test case schema
for tracking origin and approval of an individual test [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11] [CONTINUES]

2. Test Cases
<Steven> scribe: Steven

<mhausenblas> TC

mh: This is the test case index
... we are using SPARQL as reference
... tests cover new tests like the one introduced by Fabien
... there are some tests still pending from the primer, mailing lists,
etc

:-)

mh: How do we plan to approve them?

Ben: We should all approve all the tests, so we have a record that these
are a[pproved test cases
... Have people looked at them all?
... I'd like to approve a few of them
... and slowly catch up

Steven: I've never heard of groups agreeing test cases before.
... Usually problems occur and then issues get discussed

<mhausenblas> GRDDL test

mh: The GRDDL test cases were approved individually

Steven: Schema has O(10000) tests

Fabien: For GRDDL, sets of tests were approved after running through
implementations

Shane: The tests are expressed as XHTML 1.1, which is fine, but they are
not legal XHTML 1.1

Ben: Good point

mh: Let's do the approval based on the partitioning
... across languages

<mhausenblas> Human readable form TC

Steven: I think Shane was suuggesting using the XHTML+RDFa DTD
... and make sure the files are valid

<ShaneM> Yes, and in the context of HTML 4 perhaps use the sample HTML 4
DTD I put together

mh: We are working on the partitioning, so let's wait till next week

Ben: Go ahead with the partitioning, then freeze them, and email the
current implementors
... (me, Fabien, Elias), and then let them test, and send any problems
... and use that as basis for the approval

<benadida> ACTION: MichaelH to do partitioning of TCs, freeze the
XHTML1.1+RDFa, and invite implementors to comment. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]

(Above URL doesn't work in all browsers apparently)

3. Schedule
<scribe> Scribe: Michael

<scribe> scribenick: mhausenblas

-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule Schedule

Ben: Moving to west cost
... will update the TF about new meeting scheduling (poll)

<Steven> Steven: regrets for the 30th April

Ben: next week call as usual, week after not here

<Steven> ... Queen's Day (if you know what that means, then you know
what that means....)

Ben: We are making progress
... but still behind

<Steven> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule

Ben: We got comments on UC from Fabien
... rec-track: need last call for all documents?

Fabien: In GRDDL, for Primer we made LC

Steven: For normative stuff as Syntax absolutely necessary
... but no rec track for non-normative things

Fabien: In GRDDL we had a vote on the according docs

<benadida> ack +

<Steven> What do we see as the advantage of rec track on a primer??

Michael: Let us go for rec track only with syntax, rest if time allows

<ShaneM> Does the primer have a short name already?

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to discuss Primer and Use Cases as Note, Syntax
and Test Cases as REC, at SWD WG meeting [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]

<benadida> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/

Michael: Please add -> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/ RDFa Overview

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to discuss RDFa Overview as a note [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

Ben: Will discuss these issues with the SWD on tomorrow's call
... happy that Steven is also on Syntax

<FabienG> Pointer to the pubrule checker for the note :
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?uimode=checker_full&uri=

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to hand over rdfa syntax baton to Steven on 4/23
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]

Ben: Present the Syntax doc as a WD to SWD WG
... Approval of first set of TC by next telecon

Michael: Ok

Ben: Michael, push the TC!
... Schedule Primer and UC on May 28

<ShaneM> I can review Primer and Use Cases.

Ben: I'm currently updating the Wiki to reflect the new assignments

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to flesh out the schedule and present for
everyone's approval next week. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to email list about next week's vote on a
resolution regarding CLASS and ROLE attributes and rdf:type. [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]

Michael: Please note that ->
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/3 role/class issue has been
updated

4. SRC attribute discussion
<scribe> postponed

5. MIME type for XHTML1.1+RDFa and resulting IE issues
Shane: XHTML+XML is the media type, but this does not deliver correctly
... no resolution, yet
... I'm ope to ideas

Ben: So, it wouldn't validate?

Shane: No, does not effect validation
... but has effect on prefix declaration

Ben: So, the validator does not accept the xmlns prefixes

Steven: Depends on SGML or XML
... XML should accept it
... so the validator should not complain
... currently: SGML/DTD validation

Shane: There is no XHTML 1.1 XSD, but an XML-DTD

-> http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/04/validator_080_upgrade_notes.html
Validator upgrade notes

Steven: The update is in the pipeline
... XHTML M12N comes out, then schema follows

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to ask W3C about XML-DTD validation [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]

Steven: Two issues, validator and processors (user agents)

<ShaneM> The Media Type is an announcement mechanism that tells a user
agent what processing engine to use, in theory.

<ShaneM> XHTML 1.1 mandates the use of application/xhtml+xml - which IE
does not grok

Ben: We have to sort out things and figure out the problems

Steven: There are some tricks to convince IE to do it right

Ben: Should we actually recommend a specific way?

<ShaneM> the media type associated with documents annotated with RDFa
should be the media type of the host language.

+1

<benadida> RESOLUTION: the media type associated with documents
annotated with RDFa should be the media type of the host language.

<benadida> to be voted on next week

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to email the resolution on mime type to the
mailing list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]

Ben: Any AOB?
... beside @src
... will be done next week

<Simone> bye!

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to ask W3C about XML-DTD validation [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss Primer and Use Cases as Note, Syntax and
Test Cases as REC, at SWD WG meeting [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss RDFa Overview as a note [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to email list about next week's vote on a resolution
regarding CLASS and ROLE attributes and rdf:type. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action18]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to email the resolution on mime type to the mailing
list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to flesh out the schedule and present for everyone's
approval next week. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to hand over rdfa syntax baton to Steven on 4/23
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: MichaelH to do partitioning of TCs, freeze the
XHTML1.1+RDFa, and invite implementors to comment. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are not
supported by RDFa [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to take a look at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0001.
html to see if issue has been resolved [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/12-rdfa-minutes.html#action17]
[PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of n-ary
relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/23-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: MarkB to work rdf:label back into RDFa syntax when
using @content [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action25]
[PENDING] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all mime
type, etc. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-htmltf-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Wing add a property to the test case schema for
tracking origin and approval of an individual test [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
 
[DROPPED] ACTION: Elias to look for cases where plain literal is more of
a common use. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-rdfa-minutes.html#action24]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Ben to add issue to issues list and start discussion with
previous reference and issue reference [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[DONE] ACTION: Ben to update issues list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
[DONE] ACTION: Michael to update Fabian's XSLT [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
 
[End of minutes]
	
________________________________________________________________________
Received on Tuesday, 17 April 2007 18:55:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:15:04 GMT