Re: RDFa in HTML

Ben Adida wrote:
> I agree that it's hard, but we have to deal with it: in a world of
> mashups, widgets, cut-and-paste HTML, this is a very important requirement.

Okay.  So if I turned this into a real proposal, it might look like:

(a normative requirement in the conformance section... although this
does not make sense in the context of xhtml-rdfa.  It would have to be
in some other spec).

When RDFa attributes are used in a non-XML grammar, the grammar MUST
provide a mechanism for defining the mapping from a QName prefix to an IRI.

And then, in an HTML 4 profile, we could say:

This profile defines the following attributes and adds them to the
Metainformation Attributes collection, and therefore to the Common
attribute collection:

      n.n.n The prefix Attribute

This attribute specifies one or more space-separated mappings between
prefixes and IRIs. These mappings are used to uniquely identify
resources referenced by QName attribute values (e.g., on @rel,
@property).  For each mapping specified, the syntax is:

And then some syntactic definition that is readily machine parseable.
E.g., '(' prefix ')' IRI

Is that sort of what you had in mind, Ben?