Re: HREF attribute in elements other than A and LINK

Ben Adida wrote:
> 1) should we define the RDFa module to allow for HREF on any element?

I would like to see strong RDFa use cases for this need.

My trick on my home page was to use

which covered most of my needs:-) It is a bit ugly, but it works... (in
case one wants to add some RDF links here and there...)

> 2) if so, should we ask XHTML1.1+RDFa-compliant agents to make these
> elements clickable.

I would not expect that to happen, let us be realistic. In view of the
current mood around HTML and HTML agents, the maximum we can expect is
that the HTML group would define a way to add attributes to the current
HTML elements that would not require any change on the HTML agents' core
behaviour (ignoring unknown attributes is already part of this
behaviour, I would expect). Anything more than that will simply not
happen in the coming years.

On the other hand... you are right that 1) without 2) sounds bad. I
guess this is an argument against 1), too

> A related issue is whether the XHTML1.1 RDFa module should allow LINK
> and META inside the body, where XHTML1.1 does not.

Again, from a 'political' point of view, I think it is better not to go
there. HTML browsers might be much more prepared to accept (and ignore)
new attributes; I would expect much more push back on a change in the
content model.

> Let's discuss!

You mean: let the tempest begin!:-)

Ivan