Re: RDFa example in the GRDDL primer.

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:08:25 -0400
To: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
CC: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Fabien Gandon wrote:

> However an even more important expertise we will need from this group is
> on the RDFa syntax itself.

Fabien,

My apologies for not answering more quickly, I was away for a couple of
days.

Looking at your revised HTML today, Friday, 6:45am eastern time, I note
one mistake: the id="" is assumed to trigger the same thing as about="",
but that is not the case (even though it was in an older document). The
reasoning behind this is that, as you add IDs in your HTML, you don't
want to suddenly change the subjects of your triples: that should be
more explicit.

Thus, if you change your span to:

then you should get what you want.

One way to double-check is to use the GetN3 bookmarklet [1] that gives
you the N3 version of the RDFa triples.

Note that you'll need to deliver the file as application/xhtml+xml,
otherwise the LINK element will get repositioned to the HEAD by the
browser (still working on figuring this issue out.)

-Ben

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/rdfa-bookmarklet/