Re: Using the CLASS attribute - Request for Feedback

On 12/10/2006 23:07, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Elias Torres wrote:
>> Microformats uses @class for both types and predicates and only a
>> specific extraction mechanism is capable of understanding the
>> difference. I like that (GRDDL) and actually drives me to wrestle with
>> the problem (I think) that whether we use @class or not, we still use
>> rel/rev/href/meta/property and there's always going to be the question
>> whether extracted triples from the page were expected or not.
>
> How is this true for, say, eRDF?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but as a data point eRDF has a
convention for embedding RDF classes:

"For tags with an id attribute and for anchors any tokens in the class
attribute beginning with a hyphen are considered to be RDF class names"
  -- http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/wiki/Main/RdfInHtml#classes

Tokens without the hyphen prefix are interpreted as properties.

Ian

--
http://purl.org/NET/iand
Blogging at... http://iandavis.com/blog