RE: Identification of RDFa content

Ivan, All,

Ok. let us brainstorm ;)

I see your point Ivan (efficiency) and yours as well Ben (all XHTML == RDFa).
Is it fair to view the issue in a wider context?
We might have versioning needs (when RDFa 2.0 is announced in 2012 ;)
or we might want to declare "modules" (RDFa light, without reification, etc.).
It seems somehow natural to me using RDFa to handle _all_ these issues?
Sounds strange? Well, let's have a look at it:

The policy is that any XHTML may state its RDFa-ishness in the header
(e.g. using a dedicated RDFa namespace, as xmlns:rdfa="http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/")
utilising two basic predicates (level/version). Thus, a sample document could then look like:

 <head>
    <title>A webpage containing RDFa</title>
    <link about="" rel="rdfa:compliancyLevel" href="rdfa:Full">
    <link about="" rel="rdfa:useVersion" property="1.0">
 </head>

The careful selection of the default values (that is the interpretation of the values of
rdfa:compliancyLevel and rdfa:useVersion if they are NOT present) yields a flexible hence
scalable solution, IMHO.

What do you think?

Cheers,
       Michael

BTW: I had a look at the mail archive and did not came across the herein proposed solution.
     Did I miss anything?

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>