Re: References to RDFa in ISWC talk

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> I came across your excellent talk from the ISWC 06 conference--I found
> a great many very useful references in there, so thanks for that. :)
>
> I'd like to flag up a couple of points on RDFa's goals and history,
> though, if I may.
>
> You say "not bound to XHTML2 (any more)", but just for the record, it
> never was. In fact it wasn't even bound exclusively to XHTML--the
> October 2004 draft [1] has samples that use XHTML 1.1 and SVG, and
> even makes reference to using RDFa in SSML.

That is true. Point taken.

Having said that... the public perception has always been that RDFa was
bound to XHTML2. Whether that is correct or not, this is the way it is,
and my goal was to put things right as of today.

> You also say "developed in the SW Deployment Working Group", which
> although it's true that RDFa has been worked on there for quite a
> while now, its origin is most definitely the HTML Working Group.

I should have said "is being developed". You are right about history, my
goal was to talk about the status as of today...

> It may seem picky, but since RDFa will hopefully be appearing in more
> presentations, I felt it worth pointing these things out...but as I
> say, the presentation was great!

Cheers

Ivan