Re: Information resources and RDFa

Ben,

I saw your separate note[1] on Class vs Role (and that might well work).
The reason why I would like to pursue the previous thread is because
there might be some more general issues...

Ben Adida wrote:

>>     <link rev="dc:creator" href="" />
>>     blah blah blah, <meta property="dc:name">Ivan Herman</meta>
[snip]
> I should have explained more clearly that, in my example, the <p>
> "embodies" the bnode. So, in fact, I meant the HTML I wrote. The
> <LINK> applies to the <P>, which turns into a bnode because it has no
> ID or ABOUT. The LINK and META both apply to their immediate parent,
> the P in question.

I understand (though I did not know that). But this creates a strange
situation. If I make one step further, is it correct that:

    <link rev="dc:creator" href="" /> blah blah blah, <meta
property="dc:name">Ivan Herman</meta>, <span
property="dc:date">2006-05-14</span>

yields, in turtle speak:

<> dc:creator [ dc:name "Ivan Herman" ];
   dc:date  "2006-05-14".

Functionally, this is fine, of course. However, it will be, at least in
my view, a bit difficult to explain to outsiders the exact mechanism of
finding what the subject is of the statement. The fine difference
between what 'meta' does in finding the subject and what a span does is
may become the source of lots of misunderstandings. I am almost sure
that lots of people will believe that the code sniplet will yield

<> dc:creator [ dc:name "Ivan Herman";
  dc:date  "2006-05-14"
].

It may be a question of a good wording of, say, the primer in this
respect. But we should be aware of the fact that we are creating a
misunderstandable situation...

If your 'role' approach works (though that is still subject for
discussions) it might be worth revisiting this issue, too, maybe...

Ivan

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006May/0009.html
--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices