Re: Proposal: hGRDDL, an extraction from Microformats to RDFa

From: Laurian Gridinoc <laurian@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 21:47:38 +0000
To: "Ben Adida" <ben@mit.edu>
Cc: "public-rdf-in-xhtml task force" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hello,

On 30/04/06, Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu> wrote:

> This week's brainstorm and hacking session with DanC yielded some
> very interesting ideas, including a promising direction for providing
> a path from Microformats to RDFa. As a result, I'm proposing hGRDDL,
> a GRDDL-like way to transform Microformats into RDFa. It seems this
> approach may resolve a core adoption issue: MFs are being deployed,
> but RDFa is ultimately the way we want applications to deal with
> metadata, and as MF authors realize that MFs are not extensible,
> they'll want an upgrade path.

Since we need a validator for each microformat, I suppose we'll need one for
the micromodel expressed in RDF/A?
I think that by hGRDDL and a micromodel validator we can provide validation
for microformats too, and not to have multiple validators for the same
abstract model.

Thanks,
--
Laurian Gridinoc, purl.org/net/laur