Re: Information resources and RDFa

Ben,

I am sorry to chime in this mail, and maybe the issue I raise have
already been discussed before...

However, I respectfully disagree on your remark below on the usage of
bnodes. At some point a few months ago Steven Pemberton and I played
with the convertsion of a set of RDF statements (on public
presentations, the RDF data that I use for our tals database[1]) and one
of the difficulties was the fact that we had to *name* each node, even
if they were bnodes. Not only it is a pain in the backside because one
has to be careful to use unique names, but that could make any automatic
generation of such files more difficult.

Looking at Mark's example (for example, [2]) I wonder whether it is
possible (ie, whether it crashes with something else) to push nesting a
little bit further and say:

<head>
  <link rel="dc:creator" ref="http://blabla/>
</head>

or having the same possibility to do something like that in the body:

 <link rel="dc:creator">
 </link>

Both cases would be the equivalents of using '[ .... ]' in turtle, ie,
the creation of a blank nodes without bothering with the name...

If that was considered before and shot down with good reasons, then I
stand corrected:-)

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/08/W3CTalks
[2] http://skimstone.x-port.net/node/272

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices