Re: Information resources and RDFa

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 15:19:31 +0200
To: "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, "'public-rdf-in-xhtml task force'" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Two nice pieces Mark, and I agree about the need to have a separate scheme
for URLs that aren't intended to be dereferenced. Are you proposing we
register the meta: scheme? Of course, the nice thing is, it works out of
the box! :-)

One comment about the Introduction article. It is not clear that
href="#about" is meant to refer to a non-existent something. At first I
thought you meant href="#author", but then I realised that there is no
element with an author id either! So if I understand you, you are
inventing a new sort of bnode here.

1) I think that the use of the name about in href="#about" is confusing
(because of the about attribute).
2) You should explain about referencing non-existent ids.

I think that if we are going to adopt this practice, that we should also
adopt a practice of using a naming convention so that you know you don't
need to go searching through the document to try and find it. For instance

	about="#_author"

Steven

[...]