Re: GRDDL Cycles

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:59:16 +0100
To: "McBride, Brian" <brian.mcbride@hp.com>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Le jeudi 09 mars 2006 à 16:16 +0000, McBride, Brian a écrit :
> How recursive is GRDDL?
>
> I need to understand how recursive this is supposed to be, and there may
> need to be a rule for breaking cycles.

I think the rule is "don't try to GRDDL-process a resource more than
once"; if you have already collected statements from a given resource,
there is no point in re-processing it.

(Note that the XHTML namespace probably needs to be special-cased anyway
to take into account the XHTML-specific processing; at some point, this
can be avoided by GRDDL-enabling the XHTML namespace document itself to
describe the GRDDL/XHTML syntax, although I'm not quite sure what the
process would be to make this happen)

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org