Re: G(RDDL)

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 15:22 +0000, Misha Wolf wrote:
> In seeking to formulate a proposal to the NewsML 2 Architecture WP
> for how we should make use of RDDL and GRDDL, I am struck by the
> different approaches taken by these two specs to linking to
> resources.  Presumably, there is no reason why not to use the RDDL
> approach to link to GRDDL transforms (instead of the approach
> proposed in the GRDDL spec).

The approaches overlap; I've written RDDL documents that
are also GRDDL documents. The GRDDL profile itself used
to use RDDL; I found it hard to maintain, so I switched
to Embedded RDF; perhaps I should go back in CVS-time,
grab that RDDL example, and make an example of it...
perhaps in the GRDDL test suite, perhaps elsewhere.

Meanwhile, I'm interested to know... what differences
looked important to you?

>   If we were to do this, we would wish
> to use some agreed natures/purposes.  Is anyone interested in
> defining these?

I am, inasmuch as RDDL natures/purposes are just RDF properties.

p.s. I'm replying to all 3 lists, including newsml-2@yahoogroups.com ,
though the last few times I copied that list, I got a notice that
I'm not authorized to post there.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E