fwd: Google research into web authoring techniques

Fwd'd since the materials from Google are interesting.

Aside: For those not following  this stuff, WhatWG is Ian Hixie and some
browser-maker friends (many ex-Mozilla or Mozilla) who are working
up some non-XML-centric proposals for a revision of the HTML spec.
Some of their work was submitted to W3C, see submission at
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2005/02/Comment

The Google page looks interesting, though I've not delved deep into
it yet.

[[
We can now add to this data. In December 2005 we did an analysis of a
sample of slightly over a billion documents, extracting information
about popular class names, elements, attributes, and related metadata.
The results we found are available below.
]]

http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/linkrels.html (hmm seems to
use Flash, ah no it's SVG :) has info on link rel/rev values found in the public web.
There's also (see Ian's comments below) some stuff relevant to
our Creative Commons in RDF use case, ie. talk of a <copyright> element.

All I have to do now is figure out why I can't get the SVG to
display...

Dan

----- Forwarded message from Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> -----