Re: [ALL] RDF/A Primer Version

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 00:03 -0500, Ben Adida wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2006, at 12:58 PM, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) wrote:
[...]
> DanC's FOAF Person URI is <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/#me>,
> but <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/> returns HTML, which makes
> <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/#me> a (potential) HTML element.
>
> DBooth, I thought you were saying that this is probably a bad thing,
> assuming HTMLElement subclasses InformationResource, etc...
>
> Did I misunderstand?
>
> If DanC's setup is okay by the TAG,

I don't think the TAG endorses what I'm doing there.

The most relevant TAG issues are still open.
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#fragmentInXML-28
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues#abstractComponentRefs-37

I'm starting to think that the profile attribute is key:
if you get an HTML representation of /baseballplayers
with <div id="peterose"> then baseballplayers#peterose
identifies that div element, unless the author says otherwise
using the <head profile> element.

This is a post-hoc refinement of the html media types
and the XHTML specs; i.e. I think those specs should
be ammendmended to specify this practice.

>  then I *think* that means that a
> secondary resource can be a non-information resource, even when its
> primary resource is an information resource. Someone correct me if
> I've lost it.
>
> -Ben
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E