Re: an RDFa publishing use case

From: Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:37:53 -0500 (EST)
To: mark.birbeck@x-port.net
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

On Fri, December 15, 2006 3:49 am, Mark Birbeck wrote:

> In addition the IPTC also needed to be able to say _who_ added that
> metadata, and even give the metadata a relevance ranking. For example,
> Reuters say that this article is about skiing with a 70% certainty,
> whilst the BBC says this article is about skiing, with a 60%
> certainty.

I didn't know you had been in touch with the IPTC, that's great news. In a
talk on schema extensibility that I did at XML 2005, I used NITF as an
example of a very un-extensible schema. I don't know where any
microformat/RDFa approaches would fit. But, because most elements can have
an ID attribute, we can reference individual elements from triples outside
of the document, thereby adding metadata to them.

Bob