RE: The RDF/A Marketing Site

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:28:29 +0100
To: "'public-rdf-in-xhtml task force'" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi Ben,

> Certainly on the list of things to consider. As an additional
> data point, I'm told that Microformats.org uses WP + MediaWiki.

This is probably sacrilege, but after having tried many times to use Wikis
in different forms in the XForms community I think they are inappropriate
for most of what we want to do. The great thing about systems like Drupal is
that you have easy ways of creating anything from a standalone article, to a
forum with threaded discussions to a whole 'book', all of which will be
useful to us going forward.

In many cases wikis don't seem to get updated a great deal by the community
(microformats' included), which I think is understandable; it's because it's
quite daunting for people to add a page, but it's quite straightforward for
them to add a question to a forum.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck