From: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Misha Wolf
Sent: 28 October 2005 14:51
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: CURIEs, xmlns and bandwidth

Hi all,

We've had confirmation that xmlns declarations can't be XIncluded.
As a consequence, the IPTC does not plan to go the xmlns route for
declaring CURIEs.  If XHTML does decide to use xmlns for CURIE
declarations, that leaves us with two options:

1.  Different standards use different declaration mechanisms.

2.  The IPTC calls it's CURIEs by some other name.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Misha Wolf
News Standards Manager, Reuters, www.reuters.com