Re: CC use case

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:48:07 -0400
Cc: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Oct 4, 2005, at 10:19 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I had the impression that there was already a pattern of RDF triples
> that the creative commons community expected to get.

Yes, there is indeed a way to describe a Work, its creator, etc...
But that is not the same thing as annotating the act of licensing
itself. The licensor could be someone author than the creator (think
2 redistributions down the line), and the act of licensing is
certainly on a different date than the act of creation of the work.

I'm not saying that these are critical issues: they're not right now.
But it's important that we keep these types of issues in mind.