RE: CURIEs vs. QNames

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:57:11 -0000
To: "'Norman Walsh'" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Norman,

> Syntactically, I think overloading the QName syntax is just
> plain wrong.

Great. It's amazing that the TAG has allowed such a situation to go on for
so long, what with RDF/XML, SPARQL, N3, XML Schema, XSLT, XPath
functions...all overloading QNames, and all meaning something slightly
different. (And none of them meaning 'QNames-proper'.)

I take it we're now going to sort this out.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck
CEO