Re: GRDDL-enabling microformats

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 13:47 +0200, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> Hi Danny,
>
> Le vendredi 20 mai 2005 à 11:52 +0200, Danny Ayers a écrit :
> > If I understand the new GRDDL draft [1] correctly, a compatible
> > document would firstly include a reference to the data-view profile to
> > say "transformations of this doc have the same meaning as this doc" -
> > <head profile="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view">
> >
> > This would be the same for all microformats.
>
> Actually, this is even more flexible than that; you don't need to get
> all microformats to adopt the GRDDL profile; as long as they do have a
> profile (as XFN does), then you can put the relevant information
> directly in the profile document itself, and all the documents
> referencing this profile would become GRDDLable.
>
> To take the XFN example in more details:

This example is explained and illustrated in the spec...
"Analogously, consider a profile document whose information content
includes ..."
http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/grddl/#ns-bind

The example there is "real" in that it's available in the web:

 http://www.w3.org/2003/g/td/friends

See also the N3 behind the diagram...
 http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/grddl/figGleanProfile.n3

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?