hCard, GRDDL, and microformats

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:41:01 -0500
To: RDF in XHTML task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

"A week or so ago, I started working with the X2V code,
which works great but has a lot of redundancy. In order
to have some confidence that I wouldn't break it, I
developed a test case for each piece of the code that
I touched. ..."
hcardTest materials, XHTML version of RFC2426, and fun with microformats

One of the reasons I started hacking on xhtml2vcard.xsl was
to adapt it to produce RDF output. I haven't done that

But once that's done, all we'd need is an XMDP profile for
hCard, which the microformats folks seem to agree is in order...

Would it be more in the spirit of HTML to define these classes in a
profile (http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-, so
that "User agents may... perform some activity based on known
conventions for that profile"? Should this be a part of microformats
specifications in general? (If not, why not?)
              * ACCEPTED. Yes, all microformats that introduce new
                classnames SHOULD include an XMDP
                (http://gmpg.org/xmdp/) profile (which itself is a
                microformat for defining HTML metadata profiles) that
                defines those classnames.
-- http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-issues

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E