Re: GRDDL transformations to get base URI?

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:42:19 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF in XHTML task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Le jeudi 27 janvier 2005 ŗ 11:21 -0600, Dan Connolly a ťcrit :
> After working around the lack of it a few times*, I'm pretty
> convinced the input to a [GRDDL] transformation should be not
> only the content but its base address. The XML infoset includes
> the base address, in theory, but I don't think XSLT exposes
> it by default.

What about defining a default parameter that GRDDL transformers could
use? To make sure not to clash with existing parameters for XSLTs, we
could use a qualified name for the parameter, ŗ la "grddl:baseUri", so
that each transformer that would need that information could simply use
<xsl:param name="grddl:baseUri" /> as a top level element.

This would be fairly straightforward to implement in the XSLT-servlet
based demonstrator, I believe.

Dom

> [GRDDL]
>   GRDDL Data Views: Getting Started, Learning More
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org