Re: GRDDL implementation in Raptor

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:01:51 +0200
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Le mercredi 06 avril 2005 ŗ 16:53 +0100, Dave Beckett a ťcrit :
> OK, I've made some more updates and got more tests working.

Excellent! I'll grab the nightly snapshot tomorrow - or can I get read
access from your CVS repository easily (i.e. as a guest/anonymous user)?

> Fails:
>
> rapper -i grddl -o rdfxml 'http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2005/grddl-ts/xhtmlWithGrddlEnabledProfile.html'
> I'm not sure about this profile.

OK, this one is the start of the more complex type of usage of GRDDL,
quickly described at http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#ns-bind
The idea is that when encountering an XHTML document with a profile
attribute set to a profile which is not the usual GRDDL one, you try to
dereference the URI(s) of the profile, and see if you can get a
GRDDL-interpretation of the said profile that would point to
transformations applicable to the original document... Basically, this
is making GRDDL recursively applicable for XHTML documents. (I hope this
and the spec makes clear what the goal is).

> Here are the XPaths I'm now using and I can easily add more.

I fear that the recursive use cases cannot be done reliably through
simple XPath expressions - i.e. you'll need at some point to loop
directly in the C Code and to watch for possible infinite loops somehow.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org