Re: Comments on RDF/A draft

Just on one of ralph's comments ...

Ralph R. Swick wrote:

> Section 4.4 Establishing the object:  As noted in 5.1.2.1 there
> is a third way to establish the object of a statement, namely
> element content.  I suggest noting that option in another subsection
> of 4.4 for completeness.  Then there is the question of whether it
> should be valid to have both a content attribute and element
> content.  It would complicate the XML Schema to disallow both on
> the same element but the simplest interpretation that occurs to
> me is that there are two RDF statements with the same subject and
> predicate for each of the (literal) objects.  Not sure if this
> is useful.

My reading was that if there wasn't a @content attribute then this is an
XMLLiteral, possibly even the ""^^rdf:XMLLiteral empty one.

i.e. the two cases are distinguished by the presence or not of the
attribute.

Related I thought the example:

     <link rel="dc:creator" href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/1109404" />

(note the @property was omitted as you noted)

As generating two triples, one with the rdf:XMLLiteral object as in the
paper, and then also the

<http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/> dc:creator
<http://www.blogger.com/profile/1109404> .

since nothing suggests that the <link> element gets used up by being in
the XMLLiteral.

Jeremy