Re: further on RDF/A

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:14:38 -0400
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, 'public-rdf-in-xhtml task force'' <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

* Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> [2004-10-27 10:18+0100]

> Sorry this is in dribs and drabs ... I hadn't realised I was launching

Talking of which, here's another. The draft I looked at had some
examples that used foaf:knows as a relationship between
mailto:-identified mailboxes, before moving on to show a "more correct"
usage where it related people. In RDF/FOAF, it isn't "less correct" to
assert foaf:knows holding between mailboxes, it's just incorrect, since
people can't be mailboxes (we didn't make this explicit in the OWL
though[1]), and foaf:knows has domain/range of Person so whenever we assert
X foaf:knows Y we're also implicitly claiming that X and Y are both of
rdf:type foaf:Person. It'd be bettter to use "eg:knows" for the
mailto:-based examples...

cheers,

Dan