Re: comments on nodeID in RDF/A

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:07:57 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, "'public-rdf-in-xhtml task force''" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Sorry for this dribble of comments, I am thinking of implementing RDF/A
and that always raises a load of issues ...

> The initial para of 4.4.3 seems clear enough on this one:
> [[
> During the processing of each statement, a check is made on the [context
> statement] to see if it has a predicate but no object. If it does, then
> a triple is generated which has the subject and predicate provided by
> the [context statement], but with the object set to the subject of the
> statement being evaluated.
> ]]

A further thought this para is slightly unclear with the following test case

    <link rel="eg:foo">
        <link about="#x"/>

I think that gets me

<BASE#y> eg:foo <BASE#x> .

when evaluating line 3, but the subject, evaluated as the subject of the
context statement, is in fact the subject of it's context statement ...

I would be happy either way with this, but I don't find the text isn't
clear on this one.

Also editorial point, the use of 'statement' in [context statement] and
[current statement] seems confusing, how about using 'element' or 'node'.
(Neither the context statement nor the current statement is an RDF
statement, but both are XML elements; they often result in an RDF triple
being produced but ... not always)