From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:13:36 +0100
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Hello there,

Just a quick note before I forget; since RDF/A has been designed for use
in any type of XML language:
"a syntax for layering RDF information on any XML document"

and due to the way GRDDL on XML works (as of today):
"The RDF property
http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#namespaceTransformation links an XML
Namespace to an interpreter that may be applied to any document which
has its root element in that namespace"

it means that RDF/A is really available through GRDDL when the XML
document it is used in has a root element whose namespace refers to an
GRDDL interpreter.

While we may assume that the XHTML 2.0 namespace would have such a
reference (making de facto any XHTML 2.0 document GRDDL-izable), if
RDF/A is used in another host language, this doesn't hold true anymore.

Maybe a note to that effect in RDF/A would be appropriate, e.g.
suggesting [or requiring?] that a host language using RDF/A refers to
the appropriate GRDDL transformer in its namespace document?

Another approach would be to re-think the XML Namespace rule on which
GRDDL applies, e.g. not restricting itself to the root element
namespace, but that's probably a much wider debate.