Re: let's specify meaning rather than processing

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:41:31 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Le sam 17/01/2004 ŗ 00:00, Dan Connolly a ťcrit :
> That was a great start. After working thru various technical
> details (grokRDDL and such) I found some inspiration to do
> some writing today. What do you think of this new draft?

Looks great! (FWIW, I've fixed a few typos spotted by ,spell)

> Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages (GRDDL)

My only concern with title (or rather its acronym) is that it is really
close to RDDL, which might generate some confusion; but that's probably
not a big deal.

> > In addition to the changes evoked above, I've also started to add
> > the generalization to XML,
>
> Is that bit implemented? I guess I could try it and see...
> let's make some tests.

I'm willing to make the XSLT coding if provided with an existing XML
document mapped into RDF.

> >  plus the definition of the RDF property Tim
> > requested to link an XML Namespace to an interpreter; let me know if you
> > think I've captured it adequately.
>
> I haven't finished digesting that idea; haven't written
> any code/tests/working-examples using it yet.

Neither have I; maybe Tim could give his thoughts/ideas on that?

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org