On xml:base [was RE: XHTML 2.0 metainfo question (Correction!!!)]

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:22:17 +0100
To: "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

> iv)  xml:base, relative URIs in ns declarations etc?
> eg. test case:
> <link xmlns:foaf="/foaf/0.1/" xml:base="http://xmlns.com/"
> rel="foaf:maker">
>   <link property="foaf:homepage" resource="http://danbri.org/"/>
>   <link rel="foaf:knows">
>   </link>
> </link>
> ...does this generate the same triples?

Namespaces are not currently regarded as being relative to xml:base,
although XML Base does leave things open for applications to 'honour'
xml:base at some higher level if they want to. However, I suggest we don't
go that route ;). We should of course make @about and @resource behave
according to xml:base, though.

So, to answer the question, I would say that your XML Base example should
*not* generate the same triples as the first example.

Mark Birbeck
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net
t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232