Re: GRDDL and the new XHTML2 MetaInformation Module

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:22:57 +0200
To: ben@MIT.EDU
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hello Ben,

Le mer 04/08/2004 ŗ 01:03, Ben Adida a ťcrit :
> I've just finished looking over the new XHTML2 MetaInformation Module. A
> quick question comes to mind: what's stopping us from building a GRDDL
> transformation profile that would extract RDF from XHTML2
> MetaInformation notation? (Other than time, of course)

Mark Birbek actually did so when he presented his proposal, saying that
it was GRDDL-izable; see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2004Mar/0007.html

Note that in the case of XHTML2, we wouldn't even need to use the
profile attribute (or rather, profile link), since the XHTML WG could
simply decide to link the XSLT transformer from the XHTML2 namespace,
and then rely on the XML Namespace based mechanism in GRDDL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-grddl-20040413/#ns-bind

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org