Re: Update on RDF in XHTML (works for a Creative Commons, FOAF, GeoURL)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:35:26 -0600
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 16:07, Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> And I just cooked up this little XSLT ditty...
>   http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/grokCC.xsl

and likewise http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/grokGeoURL.xsl

Hmm... putting these under /People/Connolly/ is
probably a bad idea... I'll migrate them if/when
I engineer them a bit more (relative URIs and
a few other things).

Dom, let's add examples to the proposal/demo for
how to do
  - Dublin Core
	(ala http://www.w3.org/2000/06/dc-extract/form
	and http://www.w3.org/2000/06/dc-extract/dc-extract.xsl)
  - Creative Commons
   http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/grokCC.xsl
  - GeoURL
   http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/grokGeoURL.xsl
  - RSS ala
   http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/#
   http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/home2rss.xsl
  - FOAF factored out of
   http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/smart-home.xsl

That feels like an 80% answer to the RDF-in-HTML problem,
along with a path to the other 20%. i.e. it covers many of
the use cases under "What sort of RDF metadata do folks want to
put in their HTML documents, anyway?" in
http://esw.w3.org/topic/EmbeddingRDFinHTML.

Hmm... time to integrate this into the RDF validation
service yet? or make a link, anyway? Maybe the RDF
validation service could react to HTML documents with
an offer to try this service.

[...]