Re: relational data views of XHTML via XSLT

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 17:20:48 +0200
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, connolly@w3.org, timbl@w3.org
[jumping into the thread]

Joseph Reagle wrote:
> Also, you mentioned the use of a profile, akin to what you've proposed in
> [1], but today we noted that we might want to have *more than* transform
> associated with any given XHTML document (one for yeilding the creative
> commons, another for the calendar, etc.), but you can only have one profile
> in the html:head element, right?

Not so:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/struct/global.html#adef-profile
"""profile = uri [CT]
This attribute specifies the location of ***one or more meta data
profiles, separated by white space***. For future extensions, user
agents should consider the value to be a list even though this
specification only considers the first URI to be significant. Profiles
are discussed below in the section on meta """

(note that the XHTML Modularization definition implies only 1 URI, but
that the current draft of XHTML 2 explicitely allows more than 1 URI).

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org