Re: RDF Validation and Yielding Triples

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 16:25, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 17:57, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Hmm... in a way, it does provide a design constraint: it answers
> > all the questions about whether RDF inside <blockquote> is
> > to be taken literally or not; i.e. it makes sure the solution
> > addresses the TAG issue
> >   http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RDFinXHTML-35
>
> Not necessarily. I haven't seen any evidence that the issue is a compelling
> requirement in the context of immediate issues we are hoping to address.
> CC,  FOAF, Trackbacks, DC all seem most easily addressable by having
> semantically context free RDF chunks with a properly specified rdf:about
> attribute.

Er... hang on; you asked me what my requirement is. I told
you. You can decline to accept my requirement, but you
can't deny that I require it.

I don't expect the TAG to close its issue until there's a design
that makes it clear whether RDF inside <blockquote> is
to be taken at face value or not. If they do, it'll be over
my objection.