Re: GSP validator and tests

More later but on one point :

On 20/10/12 20:24, Chime Ogbuji wrote:
>> I may never implement these because it conflicts with treating the
>> graph
>>> store itself RESTfully - i.e. POST of data means append to the
>>> store (quads or triples)
> Can you elaborate on how this is a conflict?  A graph store is not
> the same as RDF graph content, so it seems reasonable IMO that POST
> requests to each would behave differently: POST of data to RDF graph
> content means append to it, POST of data to the store means create a
> new graph in the store.
>
> The store is more a container of the other and this is exactly how
> the protocol that motivated this interface - Atom Pub - handles it.

POST to a graph store in Fuseki covers posting quads as an append
operation.  The document is N-Quads or TriG.

That is add new graph where the client has chosen the new graph names
not the server.

Then PUT sets the graph store, GET returns quads ().

Given the way RDF 1.1 is going, and user requests already for this, this
is more important for Fuseki than the implicit graph creation use case.

Yes - doing quite different things on POSTing triples and POSTing quads
is possible but graph creation would not be my first choice for append
triples to be comprehensible with POST-quads. Fuseki does have a default
graph in the graph store; Akamu does not.

Digression:

This is covered by work in LDP-WG - and that has some issues to address
here and there are active discussions you might be interested in.

It is not on the table but a complete, but lower level approach for POST
is to not POST the initial content of the new graph.  Instead POST with
a body or alternatively POST with the entry metadata, to create the new
graph.  Then PUT the new content so the new content can refer to the
graph it is in.  GSP can't have data that refers to the graph it will be
in but LDP preferred style ("SHOULD") is that the graph uses the
resource URI as subject for content.

AtomPub has a fixed notion of feed entry so multiplicity of needs don't
arise nor do matters of base URI.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html