Re: Protocol validator

Andy,

Sorry for not responding to your earlier (private) email on this subject. I've been traveling without reliable internet.

On Aug 27, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> I'm now at 30/34 failing these tests.
>
>    update_dataset_default_graphs
>    update_dataset_named_graphs
>    update_dataset_full
>    bad-update-missing-direct-type
>
> The first 3 are for the same reason.
>
> Issue 1:
>    update_dataset_default_graphs
>    update_dataset_named_graphs
>    update_dataset_full
>
> Could you explain these please?  From logging the Fuseki server requests received I don't see how they are supposed to return the ASK result of true that is expected:

It sounds like I just made a mistake in the tests. I'll look into it and make adjustments as necessary.

> Issue 2:
>   bad-update-missing-direct-type
>
> This test is sending a SPARQL Update without content type.
>
> With a no "Content-type" request, Fuseki assumes "application/sparql-update" which makes it easier for simple clients to open a POST stream and send an update.
>
> I don't see anything in the spec that requires an error if the content type is not 'application/x-www-url-form-urlencoded' and not 'application/sparql-update'.
>
> My reading is that it is simply outside the spec at this point so a server that does something is not non-conformant, just helpful.

Yeah, that's a reasonable understanding of the spec. I wrote a bunch of tests that were closer to best-practice tests than normative tests, but that one seems to have been included in the normative set. I'll remove it (or make it optional or something).

thanks,
.greg