Re: Request review of SPARQL 1.1 Query Last Call by August 21, 2012

From: Arthur Keen <AKeen@algebraixdata.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 20:03:56 +0000
To: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
CC: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
I support the DATATYPE() and the grammar changes referenced.

On Jul 31, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:

Hello RDF Working Group,

The SPARQL Working Group has published a Last Call Working Draft of SPARQL 1.1 Query at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/

The SPARQL Working Group has assembled a test suite and begun to collect implementation reports, and we expect to transition this specification directly to Proposed Recommendation upon successful completion of a Last Call that lasts until August 21, 2012.

We'd kindly like to ask the RDF WG to review this Last Call document and send us any comments that you might have. If you'd prefer not to review this document, please let us know that as well.

In particular, we'd appreciate any input on:

  *   http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#func-datatype specifies that the DATATYPE() function should return rdf:langString for language-tagged literals. This is currently an at-risk portion of the SPARQL document as we monitor RDF WG progress.

+1

  *   http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#grammar specifies grammar changes intended to align with RDF WG changes to Turtle. This is currently an at-risk portion of the SPARQL document.

+1

thanks very much,