RE: another update test added (was: RE: Questions on grammar restrictions on Blank Node reuse across...)

Addressing ACTION-656 and ACTION-642 (which are the same, I just noticed...)

When looking at
   http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-05a.ru
vs.
   http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-05.ru

I ask myself the following:

In http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/README.html#updateevaltests
we write:

  "A SPARQL implementation passes a update evaluation test if the graphs in the graph store are equivalent [RDF-CONCEPTS] to the graphs denoted in the mf:action property (and mf:result property, respectively) prior to the update execution (after update execution, respectively). Equivalence can be tested as described above for query evaluation tests."

Which, in my understanding, means that a test case that passes
 http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-05a.ru
also passes
 http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-05.ru
doesn't it? (since insert-05-g1-pre.ttl is graph equivalent to any other graph using diferent blank node labels. Right?

Thus, if I got that right, my suggestion would be to keep http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-05.ru (and probably add a reference to this email in the description)

Best,
Axel

P.s.: note that the exact wording in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/README.html#updateevaltests slightly differs at the moment... Some superfluous closing parenthesis, essentially, only editorial. Will fix this when I have access to CVS again.

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Siemens AG Österreich

Tel.: +43 (0) 51707-36983