Re: Status of work on BIND

This is now complete.

1/ The grammar notes say that it is a syntax error to use a variable
in use in the preceeding TriplesBlock.

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#sparqlGrammar

2/ There is a syntax to algebra translation step for BIND which happens
before the processing of the whole group.  This means that BIND is
scoped to the BGP/Proper path block, not the whole of the group up to
that point.  The description and the formal translation disagreed with
one another.

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#sparqlTranslateBindAssignments

3/ Put in an example that has a intervening sub-group.

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#sparqlAlgebraExamples

(near the end of the section)

4/ I have put up a version of the Jena SPARQL validator that
incorporates the new scheme so you can try out the ARQ implementation
of the translation - tick the "SPARQL algebra" box for output.

http://www.sparql.org/query-validator.html

 Andy