Re: DISTINCT()

Andy,

On 03/14/2012 03:20 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Where do you stand with regard to leaving open the future possibility
> of length handling in paths?

I have path length using a path variable and a pathLength() function. It
counts the number of edges in the path:

?x exp :: $path ?y
filter(pathLength($path) <= 10)

I would also support handling length in the path expression.

> To pick one part of that design space, if a path is suppose to be
> matched with between N and M path steps, does it matter if the path
> also matches with less path steps, or more path steps, and so is
> outside that range as well as being in it?

I don't understand "does it matter" in the question.
It may happen that there are paths with less steps and path with more,
but if there are steps between N and M it should be ok ?

Olivier