RE: Defining property paths

Hi Andy,

I am happy, if DISTINCT() is in anyways... Sorry, I had misunderstood that the new operators where an alternative to DISTINCT(), thanks for the clarification!

I think my confusion came from the fact that your
proposal to change the default semantics of '*' and '+' to non-counting.
This seemed for me like a "mix" of counting and non-counting
as the default, sinde

  ?x :p/:p ?y

would potentially cause duplicates, likewise would

 ?x :p{2,2} ?y

but

 ?x :p* ?y

wouldn't ... However, after re-thinking it a bit, I think I understand now where you're coming from: If you view it in a way that '{*}' and '{+}' are essentially shortcuts for something like '{0,inf)' and '{1,inf}' then actually your proposed syntax makes
sense to me.

Short version: thanks for the clarifications, I will get back with concrete comments on the current spec proposal for DISTINCT() shortly.

Best,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres