Re: Comment response: DB-18 (Escapes in prefix names)

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:57:43 +0000
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On 13/02/12 19:08, Steve Harris wrote:
> I'm not confident that I understand the response - isn't %hh and \x
> different, e.g. \x will epxand to some unicode character, but %hh
> will remain as %hh?

The technical point isn't necessary for the response so I've taken it out.

It's just the overlap with "%" gives different ways to the same result.
At this stage, I suggest we leave it as-is.

:foo%20bar and :foo\%20bar are the same characters in an IRI.

(While % should only even be followed by 2 hex digits, I would observe,
that isn't always so in the wild).

	Andy

> - Steve
>
> On 12 Feb 2012, at 17:27, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>> Comment: "Feedback on character escape sequences in the local
>> names"
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Feb/0001

Response: