Re: summary on options for JP-4 Comment about the semantics of property paths

> Why do we need to define the equivalence or potential optimization spots at all?

If there had been an easy way to define an equivalence  with what we have, it would probably have simplified answering/addressing
the comment directly.

[...]

>  Why can't we leave other semantics and optimizations to implementors and any future WG to nail down?

Sure, I was  just summarizing what I had understood as the two options to address the comment from the last Telco.
Just leaving things as they are, and pointing to a future WG is another Option. Should we call it Option3?

Axel