License on test generator script Re: Draft text for asking for implementation reports

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:45:44 +0000
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On 08/02/12 23:11, Gregory Williams wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>> 3/ License
>> Greg - can I encourage you to put a LICENSE file in the project
>> https://github.com/kasei/SPARQL-1.1-Implementation-Report
>> and a copyright/licnese hearder on SPARQLReport.pm ?
> Sure. Do you have a preference on license? Does the W3C? I have none.

I have no preference.

It's mainly about allowing people to use it if they want;
modification/redistributions seems less significant in this case.  No
license in fact means no permission.

All license are different in their affects.

A simple choice is W3C's (with the name W3C replaced by whoever is the
copyright holder).  It is GPL-compatible.  Another choice is Apache v2.