Turtle shortcuts within property-Paths

From: Polleres, Axel <axel.polleres@siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:49:19 +0200
To: "public-rdf-dawg@w3.org" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Looking at the grammar, it seems we disallow property paths within triples using Turtle style
abbreviations for Property lists:

      http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#rPropertyListNotEmpty

  [77]  PropertyListNotEmpty  ::=  Verb ObjectList ( ';' ( Verb ObjectList )? )*

While this is not a limitation in terms of expressivity, I felt tempted to write something like

   [ :p|:q:|r ?X ]

instead of the longer version ... Is it an option to generalize grammar rule [77] to

  [77]  PropertyListNotEmpty  ::=  VerbPath ObjectList ( ';' ( Verb ObjectList )? )*

or would that cause parser problems?

Thanks & best regards,
Axel

--