From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider [mailto:pfpschneider@gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi, 2. mai 2012 18:12
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org
Cc: public-rif-wg@w3.org; public-rdf-dawg@w3.org; public-rdf-wg
Subject: status of xsd:duration in OWL (and RIF and SPARQL) - ACTION-164: RDF WG

The XSD 1.1 specs are have finally achieved REC status!
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/

There appears to have been some late work on xsd:duration, which may have made
it suitable for use in RDF and OWL.  The RDF WG is poised to add xsd:duration
to the recommended/permitted/approved (whatever) list of XSD datatypes for RDF.

Could the OWL WG provide *advisory* input as to whether this is a bad idea?
Ideally, if RDF adds xsd:duration, OWL should as well, so it would be good if
the OWL WG could determine whether the current definition of xsd:duration will
be "added" to OWL.

If RIF and SPARQL WGs are active, they may also want to take a look at
xsd:duration.

peter

If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway